- ISD Family Fun Day May 18th 2013
- ISD Annual General Assembly & Board of Directors Election 2013 - 14
- ISD MYLP (MUSLIM YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM) Anti-bullying Workshop on May 19, 2013:
- Islamic Academy of Delaware Fundraiser Dinner - 5/5/13 @ 6PM
- ISD Junior Muslim Olympics - Saturday May 4th 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
ISD Election 2012-2013
2012-13 ISD Board of directors ELECTION
DATE: Sunday, June 3, 2012 @ Masjid Ibraheem after Dhuhr Prayer (1:30 PM)
Here come time for this year election insha'Allah on 3rd June 2012 after Dhuhr Prayer at 1:30 PM; below is the agenda for that important day. Do make all efforts to participate / cast your vote and help in making this event a successful. Jazakallah
Here are the forms links for this year 2012 click on the link to download the form inshaAllah.
- Recitation of Quran.……………...5 minutes
- Welcome Address / Election Process Summary by EC…..10 minutes
- Nominated Members Introduction ……………..45 minutes
- (Each Nominee will get 3 minutes to introduce himself/herself)
- Election………………………....45 minutes
- Counting of Votes.……………...…….30 minutes
- Result Announcement by Election Commissioner……..…5 minutes
NOTE: The first Board of Directors meeting for 2012–13 will be held one to two weeks after the election (actual date to be announced later).
ELECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Br. Qamar Ahmad (Election Commissioner) Phone: (302) 690-1502
Br. Irfan Patel
Br. Shafiq Rahim
Ø All nominations for available Board of Director Positions shall be delivered to a member of the Election Committee or the Executive Committee not later than Isha prayer (10:15 PM) on Sunday May 27, 2012.
Ø The nominations shall be made on official “ISD Board of Director Nomination Form” *.
Note: Nominations can be made only by regular paid ISD members and the Nominees must be paid ISD members on Election date.
Ø Other conditions as required by ISD Constitution and Election Bylaws may also apply.
Ø A preliminary list of Nominees may be issued on Monday, May 28, 2012. However, no nomination will be considered final until confirmed by the Election Commissioner that the Nominee as well as the nominating members meet all applicable eligibility requirements including payment of the annual membership dues.
Ø This final confirmation will be made after the membership deadline given below for election rights.
MEMBERSHIP DEADLINE FOR ELECTION RIGHTS
Only those members who have become new members or have renewed their membership by paying annual dues not later than Isha prayer (10:15 PM) on Saturday, June 2, 2012 will be eligible for nominating, contesting, and voting in the elections *.
TRANSFER OF VOTING RIGHTS
Transfer of voting right will be allowed only between spouses by presentation to ballot distributing officer a properly completed and signed “ISD Vote Transfer Authorization Form” *.
* Electronic copies of “ISD Board of Director Nomination Form”, “ISD Membership Form”, and “ISD Vote Transfer Authorization Form” are made available via ISD Connect and on ISD website, and their hard copies are available at Masjid Ibraheem.
Last Updated (Friday, 25 May 2012 19:59)