Guidelines for Emergency Assistance:
- If a needy individual or family approaches ISD for assistance, please refer them to Sympathy Committee Chairperson Br. Mohammad Sarwar (302-437-4510).
- The Sympathy Committee will meet with the individual or the family, evaluate the situation and collect information for processing.
- After collecting data, the ISD will help place the individual or family in a public shelter operated by a nonprofit organization or by the State of Delaware. In the meantime, they will be placed in a nearby motel.
- If the individual or the family is a resident or citizen of the United States, the ISD will help/guide them with options of general assistance from the government. This means they may be eligible for food stamps, Medicaid, Section 8 Housing (much lower rent), etc.
- If the individual or the family is not a resident or citizen of the United States, they will not qualify for government assistance. The Sympathy Committee will make a determination whether ISD will use Zakat, Fitra, other assistance collection or collection for the Muslim Relief Fund to help them reach their destination.
- We suggest that the individual board members and the members of our community refrain from interfering with the Sympathy Committee Process, such as by collecting donations without consulting the Sympathy Committee.
- Donations (No Cash and No Personal checks) will be given after the Sympathy Committee evaluates/verfies the request. Examples such as check made to utility company(electricity, gas, or water) towards bills, check made to property owner (corporation) towards rent.
This process is necessary to ensure the best use of the community resources and to protect the community from abuse by con artists.
Br. Mohammad Sarwar : 302-437-4510
Br. Mir Sadiq Ali Khan : 302-983-5252
Powered by Joomla!.
Designed by: eshop hosting hosting Valid XHTML and CSS.